Prison Fellowship Canada
Name of Organization: Prison Fellowship Canada
Address of Organization: 100 King Street West, Suite 5700, Toronto, ON M5X 1C7.
Contact Person: Judith Laus, Managing Director
Phone: 416-915-4102 or 1-877-858-2891.
Work of organization: We support inmates and ex-offenders, and their families, through programmes and services. We also promote restorative justice.
Kinds of internships:
(1) Research into areas of concern regrading the penal system, restorative justice, etc.
(2) Work on either camping or Christmas programmes as they roll out across Canada.
(3) Work on implementation of two new programmes (a) scholarships for young people, or (b) aftercare for ex-offenders.
(1) Good research skills, strong communication skills
(2) and (3) Attention to detail, thoroughness
No background requirments
Number of internships: Two or three
Location of internships: Toronto, Ontario - GTA - southern Ontario
Duration of internships: Variable
Accommodation: Not applicable
Medical coverage: Not provided
Training: As needed depending on whether it's programme work or research.
Evaluation: There is an evaluation of the student at the end of the internship and this will be shared with Wycliffe College.
Volunteering: For the programmes dealing with families there is administrative volunteer work available.
For the in-prison work a long-term committment is needed, so there is no temporary volunteer work available in this area.
Faith statement: Yes - the Nicene Creed
Application form: Covering letter only addressed to Judith Laus.
Application to: Covering letter only addressed to Judith Laus.
Contract: No contract - one could be developed if needed