Trans World Radio
Name of Organization: TWR Canada
Address of Organization: Box 25324, London, ON, N6C 6B1, Canada
Website: Canada and International.
Contact Person: Gwen Telford
Phone: 519-672-6510 toll free: 888-672-6510
Work of organization: Trans World Radio (TWR) is a Christian radio network that broadcasts Christian programming around the world. We have 14 international broadcasting locations, as well as local AM, shortwave, longwave and FM radio stations, direct-to-listener satellite broadcasts, cable audio systems and the Internet. Every day, TWR's broadcasts reach millions in over 160 countries. It supports broadcasts in various languages. There are programs in over 225 languages and dialects. It also has broadcasts in Canada in French (across Quebec), Low German (Manitoba, Alberta, and Aylmer Ontario) and Mandarin (from Toronto). TWR exists to reach the world for Jesus Christ. Helping to lead people from doubt to decision to discipleship.
Kinds of internships: On the website you will find the different serving options we have around the world. Some positions are technical (Information Systems Support, Engineering/Technician, Radio program production) while others can be found in any office or organization (Finance-processing donations, Administration-meeting the physical needs of personnel and communicating with donors).
Available internship positions vary from year to year depending on current needs. There are several internship opportunities(approx. 4-12 weeks for educational credit). Many are international. For detailed internship opportunities see here (scroll down to "Internships").
Desirable skills: Visit here for our mission statement, doctrinal position and core values.
Number of internships: It varies at different times. Usually 20-30 or more.
Location of internships: Asia, South Africa, Bonaire, North America, Guam, Europe.
Duration of internships: 4-12 weeks.
Costs: Anyone going overseas is required to exercise their faith by asking others to come alongside them with prayer and financial support. The support that you will need to raise depends on the area and time you are applying for.
Accommodation: The field office arranges accommodations.
Medical coverage: Yes. TWR Canada has a supplementary benefits package for Canadians working abroad.
Training: Training materials will be provided for applicants so that they can feel better equipped to go out and meet with potential supporters. Students are trained on the field by personnel. It is an on-the-job experience. Some background is necessary for some individual positions.
Volunteering: Not currently available.
1. In one Holy, Almighty God, eternally existing in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, co-eternal in being, co-identical in nature, co-equal in power and glory, each with distinct personal attributes, but without division of nature, essence or being.(Deuteronomy 6:4, Matthew 28:19, John 1:1-2, II Corinthians 13:14, Philippians 2:6.)
2. In the verbal and plenary inspiration of the Old and New Testaments; that they are infallible, inerrant in the original writings, and the final authority for faith and life. (II Timothy 3:16, II Peter 1:20-21, Matthew 5:18, John 16:12-13.)
3. That the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, without ceasing to be God, became man by the Holy Spirit and virgin birth; that he lived a sinless life on earth; that he died at Calvary as a satisfactory substitutionary sacrifice for sinners; that his body was buried in and arose from the tomb; that he ascended to Heaven and was glorified as a man at God's right hand; that He is coming again for His own and then to set up His Kingdom. (John 1:1, Matthew 1:20-23, II Corinthians 5:21, Hebrews 1:3, Hebrews 10:12, John 16: 7-11, Matthew 19:28, Matthew 25:31, II Timothy 2:8.)
4. That the Holy Spirit is a divine person who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgement; that He is that supernatural agent in regeneration by whom all believers are baptized into the body of Christ; that he indwells and seals them until the day of redemption. He is the divine teacher and helper who guides believers into all truth; it is the privilege of all believers to be filled with the spirit.(John 16:7-15, 1 Corinthians 12:13, II Corinthians 1:22, Ephesians 1:13.)
5. That God created man in His own image and in the state of innocence. Through Adam's transgression "sin entered the world, and death through sin;" and consequently, mankind inherited a corrupt nature, being born in sin and under condemnation. As soon as men are capable of moral action, they become actual transgressors in thought, word and deed.(Genesis 1:26-27, Romans 5:12, Romans 3:23, I John 1:8, Ephesians 2:3.)
6. That salvation is a gift of God brought to men by grace and received only through personal repentance for sin and faith in the person and the finished work and atoning blood of Jesus Christ.(Ephesians 1:7, Ephesians 2:1-10, John 1:12.)
7. In the bodily resurrection of all men, the saved to eternal life and the unsaved to everlasting punishment. That the souls of the redeemed are, at death absent from the body and present with the Lord where, in conscious bliss they await the first resurrection when spirit, soul, and body are reunited to be glorified forever with the Lord.(Revelation 20, Acts 24:15, John 5:28-29, Luke 16:19-31, II Corinthians 5:8, I Thessalonians 4:14-17, I John 3:2.)
8. That the church universal is a spiritual organism composed of the regenerated who are baptized into that body by the Holy Spirit at the time of the new birth and that the local church, the visible manifestation of the body, has the responsibility to provide for the fellowship and edification of believers and to propagate the Gospel into the world.(Acts 2, I Corinthians 12:13, Ephesians 5:27, Mark 16:15.)
See further: here.
Application form: Gwen Telford.
Application to: Gwen Telford.
Further: On the website your will find a preliminary questionnaire that you can complete online and submit it to us. The details and CV or resume you submit there will allow us to get to know you better so that we can help provide you with more information tailored to your specific abilities and interests.