Coronavirus/COVID-19 Response: Read information and updates
Located at the heart of the University of Toronto, Wycliffe College, a graduate school of theology, faithfully serves the educational mission of the Christian Church by preparing men and women for vocational and lay ministry, through excellence in theological scholarship and spiritual formation.
Wycliffe College is currently seeking to fill the position of Assistant Registrar. Reporting to Registrar, the Assistant Registrar is responsible for supporting the Office of the Registrar ensuring that the students’ registration experience and their interaction with Student Services is a positive one through the implementation and management of all student enrollment activities. This is a high-impact role with opportunity for growth and development.
Office of the Registrar Support:
Ensuring confidentiality of all student records and information:
- Assist with the course schedule for each semester.
- Assist in the registration of all students and the maintenance of student records
- Produce reports such as advisor lists, class lists, grades, return reports, etc. for distribution to faculty and students as needed.
- Maintain all Professional Graduate Student Worksheets and distribute to faculty through the College’s file share system
- Assist in processing requests for transfer credits and transcript requests.
- Collect course syllabi from all instructors by internal College deadlines and ensure they are in the correct format
- Assist in the transition of student files from admissions to the registrar’s office (entering information in Blackbaud and ROSI, communicating with students about setting up their accounts)
- Assist with the administration of Teaching Assistants and Research Assistants
- Assist in providing information and statistical data and analysis to internal (principal, development office, board, etc.) and external stakeholders and agencies (accrediting agency, government, denominations, etc.) as needed.
- Support the Quality Assurance process including collecting course evaluations and assisting the committee as needed
Provide students with guidance and support in varying aspects of their college experience, particularly as it relates to their program of study. This would include:
- Participating in the planning and implementation of orientation sessions for new students at the beginning of each academic year
- Assisting with the summer mailing that is sent to incoming and returning students.
- Coordinating sittings for grad photos every year and liaising with the photographer for the production of the graduating class composite.
- Coordinating Police Background Checks for all incoming MDiv and MTSD students, and for new staff members.
- Coordinating Sexual Misconduct Policy Training for all incoming students/staff
- Supporting the student experience in Quercus (the online learning platform)
- Maintain course schedules and post machine-readable syllabi to Wycliffe and TST websites
- Create course flyers as required
- Assist in the production of the college calendar and the student handbooks including updating these files on the website
- Assist in maintaining relevant sections of the College website, including tuition fee tables, course descriptions and schedules, and program information pages
- Provide a positive influence throughout the organization by fostering a commitment to teamwork and excellence, contributing to a climate of professionalism, openness, and respect, and exemplifying the Wycliffe College ethos.
- University degree; Post Graduate University degree would be preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a related role.
- A clear understanding of the structure and content of graduate level theological education.
- A self-leader with the ability to take responsibility and complete tasks as required.
- Resourceful with an interest in ongoing improvement to processes.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team, to achieve goals within prescribed timelines.
- Proven ability to work with databases and proficiency in Excel (The College uses ROSI – the U of T system, AmpEducate, Blackbaud’s Education Edge). While specific experience with these systems. isn’t necessary, solid proficiency with database management is essential.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills (English.)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as well as exercise discretion and sound judgement.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills with a strong ability to positively influence others and garner their cooperation.
- Demonstrated ability to interact comfortably, tactfully, professionally, and effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage conflict respectfully with a view to resolution (e.g. differences of opinion).
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Personal values that match Wycliffe College’s core values.
- Passion for theological education.
- Familiarity and comfort working in a Christian setting.
- Eligible to work in Canada.
Salary is commensurate with experience, plus highly competitive benefits.
Application deadline: November 19, 2021. Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Thank you in advance for your application. While we appreciate all submissions, only those invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please email your application to Jeffrey.firstname.lastname@example.org .