Coronavirus/COVID-19 Response: Read information and updates
Bookkeeper – Part-Time
Wycliffe College, a graduate-level theological college at the University of Toronto, is currently seeking to fill the position of Bookkeeper.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Bookkeeper (2 days per week) is a key position ensuring the smooth and efficient accounting operations of the College. It is a great time to join our team and assist with implementing our new general ledger.
- Processing vendor invoices, accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Posting journal entries, calculating fixed assets, depreciation and HST rebates
- Maintaining general ledger and reconciling accounts
- Processing timely and accurate cash transactions and EFTs for clients/faculty/staff
- Running scheduled and ad hoc financial reports as requested; collecting, analyzing, and identifying key findings
- Preparing year-end audit material including T3010
- Assisting with bank deposits and monthly reconciliations
- Assisting with Payroll by calculating and preparing the payroll file, assisting with T4’s, T4 summaries, WSIB & EHT
- Participating in other ad hoc accounting assistance as assigned
REQUIREMENTS (Qualifications, Experience & Skills)
- College degree/certificate in accounting or similar for an accredited continuing education institution
- 5+ years' practical experience in financial office environment
- Extensive experience in using Sage Intacct or similar general ledger software
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel/Office suite
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with clients/faculty/staff
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deliver on time
- Excellent recordkeeping, with strong attention to detail and high numerical aptitude
- Proactive – able to foresee potential problems or areas in need of improvement
- Initiative – able to recommend procedural changes, as necessary
- Ability to work independently, detail-oriented, accurate, and self-discipline collaborator
- Excellent team player
- Knowledge of Fund accounting would be an asset
Located in the heart of the University of Toronto, Wycliffe College is a graduate school of theology in the Anglican tradition, offering degrees at the Masters and Doctoral levels to students of diverse Christian faith traditions. We faithfully serve the educational mission of the Christian Church by preparing individuals for vocational and lay ministry: through excellence in theological scholarship and spiritual formation.
Please apply, in confidents, emailing a cover letter and resume to Karen Baker-Bigauskas, Manager, Human Resources, to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 18, 2023.
For more information about Wycliffe College, please visit www.wycliffecollege.ca