Coronavirus/COVID-19 Response: Read information and updates
Located at the heart of the University of Toronto, Wycliffe College, is an evangelical graduate school of theology, that faithfully serves the educational mission of the Christian Church by preparing men and women for vocational and lay ministry, through excellence in theological scholarship and spiritual formation.
Our Mission: To the glory of God, Wycliffe College educated people for practical ministry and theological scholarship in Christ’s global church and the world.
Our Vision: Visionary leaders with Good News for a vibrant church and a changing world.
Wycliffe College is currently seeking to fill the position of Housekeeper. Reporting to Facility Manager, the Housekeeper works as part of the Hospitality and Maintenance team to ensure the College building is kept clean, neat and ready for students, residents, staff, faculty, and visitors. This full-time position is essential to the ministry and function of the College.
Reports to: Facility Manager
Schedule: Sunday – Thursday – 2:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Wage: $18.00/hour, plus benefits
Start Date: as soon as position filled
The Hospitality Team represents Wycliffe College and great care should be taken to make a positive and professional appearance in all circumstances, the successful candidate will:
- Be familiar and comfortable working in a post-secondary/corporate environment.
- Be able to identify problems, seek solutions, provide on-the-spot corrective action, or pass concern immediately to supervisor.
- Be diligent to the physical and personal security of the College.
- Be alert to the physical and personal issues of health, welfare, and safety of those in the building always.
- Be accountable for exemplary completion of facility up-keep on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Be attentive to detail regarding spot and deep cleaning the building, tending to trash overflow, and other duties as assigned.
- Ability to carry out the performance of tasks in a trustworthy manner.
- Ability to work in/around facilities, storerooms, and maintenance areas in confined spaces.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds (e.g., equipment, supplies, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task and maintain attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, maintaining a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and schedule cleaning tasks for maximum efficiency.
- Dependable, responsible, and self-motivated.
- Cleaning classrooms, meeting rooms, offices, washrooms, hallways, Chapel, residence, and kitchens.
- Assisting in preparing the College for special events.
- The successful candidate will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- A vulnerable sector police check is required.
Previous experience an asset.
Application deadline: March 21, 2022 (or when position is filled). Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Thank you in advance for your application. While we appreciate all submissions, only those invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please email your application to email@example.com.