Wycliffe College, a graduate-level theological college at the University of Toronto, is currently seeking to fill the position of Recruitment Officer.
Reporting to the Principal, the Recruitment Officer will provide key strategic direction to and implementation of, a results-oriented admissions and marketing plan that achieves the annual and long-range enrollment goals of the College. This is a full-time position.
In addition to the Principal’s and Registrar’s offices, the incumbent will work closely with other key departments including Outreach as well as College Faculty to design and implement new recruitment strategies and initiatives. This is a key position for the College and the incumbent will be personally representing the College and its ethos in a variety of settings. Some travel and flexible hours will be required.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Developing the applicant pool through cultivating relationships with theologically aligned influencers, churches, faith communities, colleges, universities as well as through the Wycliffe Alumni network.
- Developing mid and long term strategic marketing and admissions plans.
- Producing marketing materials and other relevant support publications in coordination with the Communications and Outreach departments.
- Personally attending on and off-campus recruitment activities.
- Providing extensive advising and counselling to prospective students in person and at a distance (financial aid, housing, employment etc.)
- Responding quickly to the interests and requests of prospective students and other key stakeholders.
- Managing the college CRM to effectively track progress and goal achievement.
- Providing ongoing and accurate market research.
- Providing leadership and direction to related staff to effectively reach enrollment goals
- Managing, training and deploying both faculty and students to attend and represent Wycliffe College in on and off-campus recruitment activities.
- Advising and working closely with the Registrar’s office, Faculty and Principal’s office.
- Providing orientation tours to prospective Masters and Doctoral students
- Maintaining a clear understanding of the programs, ethos and value proposition offered by Wycliffe College
- Demonstrating a positive ‘can-do’ attitude with faithfulness and humility
- Demonstrating a superior level of customer service
- Completing all routine office work as relates to recruitment (budget, schedules, travel, special programs etc.)
Education: Bachelor’s degree required, or acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: 2-5 years in a recruitment role with a demonstrated track record of growth and success. Preference given to experience in a post-secondary institution. Previous experience in a Christian academic setting considered an asset. Experience working within a variety of church denominations and theological fluency in the Reformed tradition both considered strong assets. Must be knowledgeable in matters related to domestic and international recruitment and admission policies. A proven track record in customer service, successful marketing and the implementation of strategic plans is required. Must be comfortable presenting to any sized group.
- Strong computer proficiency with MS Office, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong proficiency with college/university level databases (like ROSI/ACORN) and other CRM platforms
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and phone skills) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, administrative and problem solving skills.
- Excellent project and event management skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Excellent public relations, presentation skills and the capacity to serve as an articulate and knowledgeable representative of the College.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion and sound judgement.
- Ability to work under pressure in a professional manner, and balance the competing demands of routine work with the special requirements of travel, projects and events.
- Demonstrated experience in accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to achieve established objectives within recognized timeframes.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully both in a team environment as well as independently, as well as an ability to work with senior staff and volunteers.
- Ability to accommodate a schedule that will require travel, evening and weekend work.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with strong strategic and analytical thinking.
- Familiarity and comfort level working in a Christian setting.
Wycliffe College is a theological college in the Anglican tradition, affiliated with the University of Toronto and offers degrees at the Masters and Doctoral levels to students of diverse Christian faith traditions. Its graduates serve a wide range of churches, religious institutions, NGOs and academic faculties of theology around the world.
Please apply, in confidence, emailing a cover letter and resume to Karen Baker-Bigauskas, Manager, Human Resources, email@example.com by Friday May 25, 2019.
For more information about Wycliffe College, please visit www.wycliffecollege.ca