Certificate in Faith-Based Community Development
Develop new skills to help your faith-inspired organizations and churches navigate, design, and implement transformative change. Church and organizational leaders directly face the opportunities and challenges of their neighbourhoods, towns, and cities in Canada, the United States, and around the world. Learn to employ tools and practices to strengthen your organizational effectiveness, community resilience, and partnerships. Whether you’re an experienced leader, a seasoned agent of social change, or a budding activist, join our community for faith-inspired dialogue and learning. You’ll gain valuable insights and access to the latest resources and tools, and you will strengthen your vocational networks while feeding your soul!
This certificate is presented in collaboration with Wycliffe College and the University of Toronto’s School of Continuing Studies.
What You’ll Learn:
- Build resilient organizations
- Fund programs for sustainability
- Engage with community assets
- Practice effective learning facilitation
- Empower staff, board, and volunteers
- Root initiatives in biblical principles
- Connect with expert practitioners and fellow leaders
- Reflect upon the interaction of faith, values, leadership, and strategy
- Apply insights, tools, and resources to your own organizations and community settings
- Complete six courses over an 18-24 month period. Each course requires 15-hours of work over a 6-week period. You will be required to attend three 2-hour online sessions with learning colleagues from Canada, the United States, and around the globe. Participants will complete a community-specific action plan for moving your organization beyond theory into practice.
|Leading Resilient Faith-Based Organizations and Churches
|Asset-Based Community Development
January 16 to February 24, 2023
|Art of Facilitation: Introduction to Transformative Learning
April 3 to May 12, 2023
|Empowering Faith-Based Staff, Boards, and Volunteers
June 5 to July 14, 2023
|Fundraising for Sustainable Faith-Based Organizations
|Community Transformation: Theory and Models
The cost of each course is $175 (CAD).