We want potential residents for 2020-2021 to understand that due to the ever-changing dynamics of COVID-19, it is not possible to offer you a “typical” residence experience. We ask that you adjust your expectations so that you can make an informed choice.
Key adjustments include:
- Communal/common spaces may be closed or have seating removed. This includes study, music, and meeting rooms, along with outdoor spaces.
- Larger, in-person community events and activities will not take place, including team sport activities and more.
- There will be a reduced number of residents overall, and reduced opportunities for building communities.
- The Residence Meal Plan will be modified: there may be a reduced selection of food options, and physical distancing protocols will be mandated at food service locations.
- If you are arriving from outside of Canada, whether returning to campus or moving in for the first time, the Canadian Government requires you to quarantine (self-isolate) for fourteen days. You cannot self-isolate in the residence.
Please note that Wycliffe only has single residence rooms, however our bathrooms are shared.
Whether you commute from the Greater Toronto Area or live in our residence, Wycliffe offers a rich community and vibrant location. Something is always happening, whether it is our daily chapel services, our weekly community dinners or our sporting and student council events. For our many lectures, seminars and special events, we bring in the best speakers and brightest minds available.