Professor of Evangelism, Director of the Institute of Evangelism
BA (Western), MScA (McGill), MDiv (Wycliffe)
DMin (Fuller Theological Seminary)
Judy Paulsen serves as Professor of Evangelism and Director of Wycliffe’s Institute of Evangelism. As the daughter of Anglican missionaries, she lived her early childhood years in northwest India prior to her family moving to Ottawa. She holds a Master of Applied Science from McGill University, a Master of Divinity from Wycliffe College, and a Doctor of Ministry in Missional Leadership from Fuller Theological Seminary. Judy has served as a parish priest in four parishes in the Anglican Diocese of Toronto, and as a speaker at conferences, retreats, and workshops. This coming year she will be developing a new graduate-level course in evangelism called Evangelism Remixed: Learning from Biblical Narratives of Conversion. Judy’s primary interest lies in the effective communication of the gospel in today’s culture.
Areas of Expertise
- The interactions between the Gospel, Church and Culture
- Contemporary Christian Worship
- Missional Leadership
Select Publications and Media:
- “Unwrapping All Our Gifts: A Neglected Key to Evangelism,” Wycliffe Booklets on Evangelism (Wycliffe, Toronto, 2004).
- Presenter at Queen’s Theological College: Shaw Transformational Leadership Program (Kingston, May 2006 & May 2007).
- Keynote speaker, clergy conference for the Anglican Diocese of Ontario, (Kingston, ON, October, 2006).
- Keynote speaker, National Evangelism Conference for the Christian Reformed Church, (Milton, ON, January, 2008).
- Keynote speaker, Diocesan Conference on Evangelism, Diocese of New Westminster (Vancouver, BC, November, 2010).
- “Does Messy Church Produce Disciples?”, a chapter in Messy Church Theology: Exploring the significance of Messy Church for the wider church, edited by George Lings (Abingdon Press: UK, 2013).
- "Invited: Exploring Genuine Christian Invitation”, co-author of this small group resource for the Incorporated Synod of the Diocese of Toronto (Diocese of Toronto, 2015)
- Keynote speaker, Vital Church Maritimes Conference, The Diocese of Nova Scotia and PEI, (Halifax, NS, April 2015).
- Keynote speaker, Clergy Retreat for the Anglican Diocese of Ontario (Gananoque, ON, May 2015).
- Editor and member of the writing team for Christian Foundations: A Grounding for the Life of Faith, a small group discipleship resource in Old and New Testaments, church history, Christian disciplines and evangelism, published by Wycliffe College (Wycliffe, Toronto, 2nd Ed. August 2017)
- Presenter at Lester Randall Preaching Fellowship, (Toronto, ON, October, 2017)