Certificate in Theology
Who's it for?
If your schedule is already packed, but you still want to deepen your knowledge of your faith, this certificate is our shortest and most cost-effective way. Enjoy the benefits of the MTS program, but with reduced time investment:
- Only 7 courses
- Part-time or full-time study
- Evening, weekend, intensive, and distance courses
- Interaction with leading scholars within the Evangelical tradition
- Small class sizes (1:13 faculty-student ratio)
- Access to University of Toronto libraries & student services
- 300+ courses across campus in theology, biblical studies, history of Christianity, and pastoral ministry
Prerequisites: Bachelor's degree (any subject)
- 7 courses
- 5 foundational courses, 2 advanced electives
- Less than 1 year full-time; up to 4 years part-time
If you already have a graduate academic degree, you can use this certificate for entry to a theological MA or PhD program. Several restrictions apply -- please contact the admissions office to discuss your situation.